When it comes to education, what are 5 things that we have to stop pretending? Post on your blog, tag 5 others, and share using the #makeschooldifferent hashtag.
Feel free to also put the URL of your post in the comments area so others can find it!
I love it. Here are mine:
We need to stop pretending...
- that learning comes in a box...enough of boxed and pre-packaged curriculum materials! Learning is messy!
- that kids come in a box...kids are not standardized. Even when they have been born in the same 365-day span, kids have different needs, interests, and abilities.
- that it's acceptable to do outdated things because they "worked" in the past. It's not the past.
- that letter grades are the best and most useful feedback related to learning
- that covering material and giving a test is the same thing as real learning and growth
I tag: Silvia Tolisano, Jon Mitzmacher, Karin Hallett, Shira Leibowitz and Jackie Gerstein
Please post your own post and share it here in the comments, as well as on Twitter using the hashtag #makeschooldifferent
Bullet 3 just made me laugh! I'm with you on bullet 1 also (as well as the rest!).
Thanks for participating, Andrea!
I heard someone say once that our mission as educators is not to cover material, but as facilitators to empower students to uncover their learning.
شركة نقل عفش بالقطيف
شركة نقل عفش بالخبر
شركة نقل اثاث عفش بالجبيل
شركة نقل عفش بالدمام
ارخص شركة نقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة
ارخص شركة نقل عفش بمكة
شركة نقل عفش
Post a Comment