Friday, January 16, 2009

One Year and Several Days Later

Time and attention- 
The not-so-secret ingredients that, when showered upon something, cause that thing to flourish.
I started EdTech Workshop on January 3rd, 2008. This is my one-year blog anniversary post. The fact that it is two weeks overdue and my last post before this one is over a month old (and  a meme to boot), well, what does it mean?
Like so often happens in life, I started down the path not knowing where it would lead. I did not know how much I did not know. I had a feeling that it was time for me to start a blog. And so I began. I knew that no one was reading, so I wasn't shy or self conscious. 
Here it is, a year (more or less) later, and I am in such a different place. I have become part of an amazing network of educators I didn't know existed. I feel a connection to my fellow edubloggers. I have more to share than ever before, but for some reason I am having a hard time putting down the words. 
I want my blog to flourish, to be a place of growth, sharing, meeting of the minds, revelations and reflections.  I need to dedicate the time and attention back to blogging. 

To my wonderful readers- I feel like I know you and consider you colleagues and friends. I can't thank you enough for joining me on this path. 
I recently realized and wrote the following:
I always felt set apart from most of the teachers around me by virtue of my ideas and opinions about learning and schooling. Now, with technology to connect me to other educators who share my values, I no longer feel set apart, rather I feel a part of a growing movement of educators using amazing tools and strategies to reach learners and infuse life and excitement into schools.

4 comments:

Blogger In Middle-earth said...

Kia ora Andrea

Congratulations!!

You are one of the bloggers that has given me lots of ideas, inspiration and encouragement to get blogging. It is great being part of the group of educators that you brought me into! So thank you far all that, and the rest.

I look forward to visiting your blog this year.

Best wishes to you and your young family. Have a great 2009 Andrea!

Ka kite anō

Andrea said...

Thanks so much, Ken. It has been excellent meeting you, too. Someday I will be coming to NZ for a real visit.
I do hope to re-engage with the blogging community this year, both as a blogger and reader/commenter. I don't know what has happened lately, but I have been unable to sit at the computer and do anything-- either read blogs or write my own posts. As soon as I start to read or write, I get really tired and my brain fogs up. Could it be that it is usually late at night, after a full day of work and parenting?
Thank you for your unwavering support. I hope I can be worthy of it!
Wishing you a wonderful 2009, too. -Andrea

Clif Mims said...

Congratulations and happy blogiversary, Andrea. I'm genuinely glad you part of my PLN.

All the best,
Clif
http://clifmims.com

Andrea said...

Thanks, Clif. I feel the same about having you in my PLN.